Festive foods and flavors of the season.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts, and Cranberries
Yield: 6 servings
Prep 5 min
Cook 20 min
1 pound Brussels Sprouts ends removed
2 tablespoons Olive oil
2 cloves Garlic peeled and minced
1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
1/4 cup Cranberries, dried
salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 F degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil and garlic.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a small saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil.
- Let it simmer until the balsamic becomes thick but still pourable (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Drizzle the brussel sprouts with the balsamic glaze.
- Top with cranberries and walnuts.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Toss lightly.
Yield: 6 servings
Analysis per Serving: Calories (kcal) 139; Protein (g) 3; Carbohydrates (g) 15; Total Dietary Fiber (g) 2; Total Sugars (g) 8; Added Sugar (g) 4; Fat (g) 8; Saturated Fat (g) 1; Cholesterol (mg) 0; Calcium (mg) 41; Potassium (mg) 306; Sodium (mg) 21
1/2 cup Oatmeal
2 Tbsp Raisins
1 Hardboiled Egg
1 cup Skim or Soy Milk
Coffee, Tea, Water
1/4 cup Hummus
10 Pita Chips
1 oz Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup Julienne Peppers
3 Cherry Tomatoes
3 oz Roast Turkey
1/2 cup Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts, and Cranberries
1/4 cup Stuffing
Daily Nutrition Facts: Calories (kcal) 1317; Protein (g) 83; Carbohydrates (g) 156; Total Dietary Fiber (g) 18;
Total Sugars (g) 84; Added Sugar (g) 24; Fat (g) 43; Saturated Fat (g) 10; Cholesterol (mg) 270; Calcium (mg) 915; Potassium (mg) 2223; Sodium (mg) 1237
Contact Family Nutrition Center to schedule an appointment with our Registered Dietitians. Let us help you meet your health and nutrition goals.