Perfect for a holiday ham, festive, and easy to prepare. Garnish with orange slices or wedges and rosemary.
Honey Orange Baked Ham
Yield: about 8 -12 servings with leftovers
6-pound Ham, spiral-cut, precooked
1/2 cup orange juice
1/3 cup honey
zest of one orange
2 Oranges, sliced or wedges
2 Rosemary springs
1. Pre-heat oven to 325°. Place the ham in a deep oven-safe dish and cover it loosely with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
2. While the ham is cooking, combine the orange juice, honey, orange zest, orange slices or wedges (from 1 orange), and 8 cherries in a small pot. Heat on low, stirring occasionally until it is well combined and smooth. Remove the pot and let it cool.
3. After 1 hour, remove the ham from the oven and discard the foil. Pour half of the glaze over the ham and return it to the oven, baking it for 15 more minutes uncovered.
4. Remove the ham from the oven and pour the remaining glaze on top prior to serving. The ham will be ready when the internal temperature reaches 140°F.
5. For garnish, use the orange slices or wedges and some rosemary sprigs for color.
Nutrition Facts. Yields: 8 – 12 servings. Analysis per 4 ounce serving: Calories (kcal) 239; Protein (g) 34; Carbohydrates (g) 9; Total Dietary Fiber (g) 0; Total Sugars (g) 9; Added Sugar (g) 5; Fat (g) 8; Saturated Fat (g) 1; Cholesterol (mg) 97; Calcium (mg) 13; Potassium (mg) 564; Sodium (mg) 1478
1 cup Low fat yogurt
1 cup Strawberries
2 Tbsp Unsweetened Trail Mix
Coffee, Tea, Water
3 oz Turkey, Lean
1, 6-In Flour Tortilla
1/2 cup Shredded Lettuce and
1/4 cup Diced Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Mayonnaise, reduced-fat
3 Carrot Sticks
4 oz Honey Orange Baked Ham
1/2 cup Mashed Sweet Potato
1/2 cup Steamed Green Beans
Plan Snacks throughout the day. Add an endless salad to any meal or snack.
The Fat-free Vinaigrettes are free to consume.
1 cup Skim or Soy Milk
blend with ½ cup Frozen Peaches
4 squares Graham Crackers
Daily Nutrition Facts: Calories (kcal) 1236; Protein (g) 95; Carbohydrates (g) 149; Total Dietary Fiber (g) 10; Total Sugars (g) 82; Added Sugar (g) 17; Fat (g) 31; Saturated Fat (g) 10; Cholesterol (mg) 197; Calcium (mg) 1049; Potassium (mg) 3372; Sodium (mg) 2988
Contact Family Nutrition Center to schedule an appointment with our Registered Dietitians. Let us help you meet your health and nutrition goals.