During the pandemic, did you snack on high-calorie, fatty, and sugary foods? Did you decrease your activity level? Was your life more stressful? You are not alone. Sixty-one percent of U.S. adults report undesired weight changes since the COVID-19 pandemic began1.
1. Less Activity
2. Eating More
3. Eating Mindlessly
5. Increased Alcohol Consumption
Strategies for Successful Weight Loss
- Create a daily routine. Make small adjustments.
- Plan your meals and snacks. Keep transportable snacks handy for times when you’re too busy to stop and eat.
- Make a Grocery List. Include seasonal fruits and vegetables. Try not to impulse buy.
- Control your portions. Try using a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.
- Drink water throughout the day.
- Limit alcohol.
- Schedule regular exercise. If you are social distancing from your gym or exercise classes, try other forms of activities, such as walking, running, or an online workout class.
- Sleep is important, get a good night’s sleep.
- Learn techniques to manage stress
1. Healthline. Americans Say They Gained Weight During the Pandemic
Contact Family Nutrition Center to schedule an appointment with our Registered Dietitians. Let us help you meet your health and nutrition goals.