The salmon is coated in a flavorful marinade. An easy meal to prepare. Grill, Bake, Broil, or Pan Sear.
Yield 4 Servings
Prep Time. 10 minutes
Cook Time. 15 minutes
Marinating Time. 1 hour
Total Time. 25 minutes
4 salmon fillets 4 ounces each
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1.5 teaspoon thyme leaves chopped
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Place the olive oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, thyme, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of the marinade for later use. Add the garlic to the bowl.
- Add the salmon and marinade to a resealable freezer bag and seal. Shake to coat the salmon with the marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade.
- Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill over medium high heat. If using an outdoor grill, be sure to coat the grill grates with vegetable oil.
- Add the salmon fillets and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until salmon is opaque throughout.
- Brush the reserved marinade over the salmon fillets, then serve.
Nutrition Facts: Glazed Salmon
Yield 4 servings. Analysis per serving. 222 Calories (kcal); 3 Carbohydrates (g); 24 Protein (g); 0 Total Dietary Fiber (g); 3 Total Sugars (g); 2 Added Sugar (g); 12 Fat (g); 2 Saturated Fat (g); 53 Cholesterol (mg); 215 Sodium (mg)
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1 slice Whole Grain Toast
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 tsp Jam or Jelly
1 cup Skim or Soy Milk
Coffee, Tea, Water
2 cup Mixed Greens
2 Tbsp Onions, chopped
3 slices Cucumbers
1 oz Ham, lean
2 oz Turkey, lean
1 oz Cheese, shredded
5 Whole Wheat Crackers
4 oz Glazed Salmon
1/2 cup Brown Rice
8 Asparagus Spears
1 cup Arugula with Diced Tomatoes
Plan Snacks throughout the day. Add an endless salad to any meal or snack.
The Fat-free Vinaigrettes are free to consume.
17 frozen grapes
1/2 cup LF ice cream
Daily Nutrition Facts: 1299 Calories (kcal); 157 Carbohydrates (g); 79 Protein (g); 15 Total Dietary Fiber (g); 62 Total Sugars (g); 7 Added Sugar (g); 48 Fat (g); 15 Saturated Fat (g); 155 Cholesterol (mg); 1926 Sodium (mg)
Contact Family Nutrition Center to schedule an appointment with our Registered Dietitians. Let us help you meet your health and nutrition goals.