Grilled Beef Teriyaki
Yield: 4 servings
1 lb. Flank steak or London broil
1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon Ginger, fresh, grated
2 tablespoons Brown sugar
5 teaspoons Canola oil, divided
1 large Onion, sliced into strips
2 large Peppers, sliced into strips
2 Tomatoes, sliced into quarters
Serving Suggestion: Brown rice, cooked
- Marinate the meat in teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons canola oil for 2 hours or overnight. The meat is easier to slice if placed in the freezer for 20 minutes. Cut across the grain.
- Sauté onion and peppers in 2 teaspoons canola oil until soft and brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft. Remove from pan, rinse pan and pat dry.
- In the pan, heat remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil until hot. Add beef, saving the marinade for later. Stir fry until cooked, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the pan. Add the marinade and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
Analysis per serving: Calories (kcal) 302; Protein (g) 23; Carbohydrates (g) 19; Total Dietary Fiber (g) 3; Total Sugars (g) 14; Added Sugar (g) 9; Fat (g) 15; Saturated Fat (g) 4; Cholesterol (mg) 48; Calcium (mg) 39; Sodium (mg) 1437
1. Gluten free and Sodium restricted: Use a Gluten Free, Low Sodium Teriyaki Sauce.
2. Low fat: Portion a 3-ounce serving.
1 sl Cinnamon Toast
1 Tbsp Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1 Cup Skim or Soy Milk
Coffee, Tea, Water
Grilled Swiss Cheese Sandwich with
2 oz Swiss Cheese, reduced-fat on
2 Sl Whole Grain Bread
with 2 Tomatoes slices
4 oz Grilled Beef Teriyaki
2/3 cup Brown Rice
Plan Snacks throughout the day. Add an endless salad to any meal or snack.
The Fat-free Vinaigrettes are free to consume.
1 frozen fruit bar (60cal)
1 cup Skim or Soy Milk
Daily Nutrition Facts: Calories (kcal) 1242; Protein (g) 74; Carbohydrates (g) 160; Total Dietary Fiber (g) 11; Total Sugars (g) 71; Added Sugar (g) 28; Fat (g) 34; Saturated Fat (g) 12; Cholesterol (mg) 92; Calcium (mg) 1357; Potassium (mg) 2213; Sodium (mg) 2233
Contact Family Nutrition Center to schedule an appointment with our Registered Dietitians. Let us help you meet your health and nutrition goals.